Ti PCI1520(yenta driver) - use internal clock for communication with power switch

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Mar 16 13:46:06 EDT 2007

Moin,

We are using a Ti PCI1520(yenta driver) cardbus controller chip in
an embedded system. Unlike most commercialy available systems we use
the internal clock source for the communication with the power switch
chip. For this to work, bit 27 (P2CCLK) in the system control register
(offset 0x80 in the PCI config space) has to be set.

Currently i do that by calling config_writel() at the end of
yenta_config_init() which is probably the wrong place.

Thus i would like to ask, where the right place would be to
put this in and more importantly, how would you detect/determine
whether the P2CCLK bit needs to be set or not.

Greetings from Switzerland

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred