Question about yenta and the TI1520 PCI-CardBus bridge

Peter Stuge stuge-linux-pcmcia at cdy.org
Fri Mar 2 20:49:06 EST 2007

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 06:07:55PM -0800, Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com wrote:
> What is a 'yanta-compatible device' and how do I know if a device
> is 'yenta-compatible'?  Is it related to PCI-CardBus bridges?

Exactly. It's the base register interface of most if not all modern
Cardbus bridges.

> A second question: has anyone successfully gotten the TI1520
> PCI-CardBus bridge to work in linux?

Not me.

> TI isn't talking to us

I would try to find a product using the chip already and do some
tests with the peripherals you need. Worst case get some samples
and build a simple PCI->Cardbus design of your own.

The PCI ID is listed in the yenta_socket driver though, so it might
just work.

//Peter