ICH7 and TI PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller

Edouard TISSERANT edouard.tisserant at lolitech.fr
Sun Jan 7 16:46:07 EST 2007

>> # setserial /dev/ttyS1
>> /dev/ttyS1, UART: unknown, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 21
>>

> Please try to add "exclude port 0x2f8-0x2ff" to /etc/pcmcia/config.opts.

It worked !! Many Thanks !!

dmesg says :
0.0: ttyS2 at I/O 0x3e8 (irq = 21) is a 16550A

I wonder why serial_cs cancels search before trying this port claiming
"serial_cs: no usable port range found, giving up", and why pcmcia
subsystem does not directly provide good port range... In other words,
why is (config.Attributes & CONF_VALID_CLIENT) false ? Did I missed
something ? Why does it works without that exclusion on other laptops ?

Thanks again. I hope you will find time to help me understanding why
this now works.

Regards

Edouard.