Configure pc card on Mandriva 9.2

Peter Stuge stuge-linux-pcmcia at cdy.org
Fri Jan 5 00:38:15 EST 2007

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 04:01:51AM -0800, Allein Stark wrote:
> Hello!
> After inserted the pcmcia in the slot, I face a
> problem. As  newbie on such subject, I am looking for
> help in order to make it running. I proceeded urpmi
> install pcmcia. After that I try to see it through
> ifconfig -a, nothing similar pcmci is there but eth0
> and only it.
> Please, howto configure it to run? Waiting for any
> help I thank in advance.

More information is required for anyone to help.

Boot the system, log in, then insert the card.

Then, please tell us:
* Version of Linux (the kernel, not the distribution; run uname -r)
* Which files are in the pcmcia package (I think run urpmq -l pcmcia)
* The output of lspci
* The output of dmesg
* The output of pccardctl info

//Peter