Linksys WPC11 v3

Dr. Awab Alvi drawab at cyber.net.pk
Thu Feb 22 04:07:21 EST 2007

Hi,

Just from a few days I have been having strange problems with my PCMCIA
Linksys WPC11 v3.  Everything was apparently fine until suddenly out of the
blue the PCMCIA card stopped working. I have tried repeatedly by unpluging
and replugin the item with no results.  The lights on the card shine for a
brief 3 seconds and disappear as if dead.  I have tested the card on the
alternate windows installation on the same machine where it works fine.
Seems to be a UBUNTU EDGY problem.

I have even used another PCMCIA Wifi Card - Microsoft MN-520 with the exact
same results lights that disappear. Even tired it on the other PCMCIA slot
with the same result -  'dmesg' command shows

cs: pcmcia_socket1: time out after reset

A few days prior to the problem I did see a strange message of the Card
Utility being deprecated - but paid little attention to the exact message
since the PCMCIA card was working fine

I am using UBUNTU EDGY on Toshiba Satellite P20-S103

Thank you for listening