Option error

Darek Dwornikowski tdi at kill-9.pl
Mon Oct 9 05:24:57 EDT 2006

Russell King wrote:

>>> If they're not connected to the PCMCIA bridge, they won't be able to be
>>> used.  The available interrupts are really a function of the PCMCIA
>>> socket bridge and its driver, not the individual card drivers.
>>>
>> uhm.. so what should i do ? implement shared_irq in serial_cs.c ? this
>> is the place to do it ?
>>

> serial_cs *always* requests shared interrupts.
>
> What's the problem?

pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 0
pcmcia: registering new device pcmcia0.0
pcmcia: request for exclusive IRQ could not be fulfilled.
pcmcia: the driver needs updating to supported shared IRQ lines.

i get this when inserting my option card. i was told on this list that
this causes my problem.
i am not an expert but in serial_cs.c is :
        link->irq.Attributes = IRQ_TYPE_EXCLUSIVE;
in serial_probe    function