How to investigate PCMCIA driver loading (freeze)

Fab G. fabrataz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 05:10:46 EST 2006

On 11/30/06, Peter Stuge <stuge-linux-pcmcia at cdy.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 09:46:25AM +0100, Fab G. wrote:

> I would assume it depends on the order in which drivers register with
> the core. My guess is that that depends on the order in which they
> are built by the kernel build system. That in turn depends on the
> order in which they were added to the build system since most new
> additions are simply appended.
>
> I don't believe there is (or should be) any infrastructure for
> arbitration between multiple drivers. The user has to control that.
>

> //Peter

OK, from the docs I have read that used to be possible by editing
/etc/pcmcia/options to strictly associate a PCMCIA card identifer to a
driver , however with the new pcmcia architecture there does not seem
to be similar mechanism to force the driver to be used (though you can
"block" the loading of the modules by blacklisting, it is not as good)

Most of the available doc is still refering to the old ways, and thats
part of my problem I guess.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway, I'll explore that and come back if
I need more info.

Regards,

Fab.