PLEASE HELP! *** DANGER *** unable to remove socket power (***PART1***)

Peter Stuge stuge-linux-pcmcia at cdy.org
Fri Nov 17 22:29:17 EST 2006

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 11:48:09PM +0000, Russell King wrote:
> Or to put it another way - if we enable the D3 state, do we have
> more breakage than if we keep it disabled.
>
> Since you're the first to report this I suggest that it's far
> _safer_ to keep the code as-is.
>
> However, I no longer maintain PCMCIA, so it's really up to Dominik
> to work out what he wants to do about this problem.

Are there means of system identification in Linux that would allow
yenta_socket to determine what it is running on? ACPI DSDT?

Can other systems with this same Toshiba bridge be found for testing?

In the long run noone obviously wants any breakage, especially if it
only is a matter of formalizing consistent hardware behavior in code.

//Peter