pcmcia: patch to fix pccard_store_cis

Romano Giannetti romano.giannetti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 04:04:19 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 11:02 -0500, Dominik Brodowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 03:01:34PM +0200, Romano Giannetti wrote:

> > https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/pcmciautils/+bug/52510
> >
> > and here:
> >
> > http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-pcmcia/2006-August/003893.html
> >
> > and my modem did work without IRQ problems after I got rid of .cis and
> > started (obsolete) cardmgr. Just as a data point more...
>
> Does it work again (after re-copying the cis file to /lib/firmware) when
> you use this patch?

Will try... I have upgraded to ubuntu edgy yesterday, where I think some
thing changed (it's a 2.16.17-based kernel). I had no time to test it
more thoroughly, but the change is that now (standard edgy kernel):
- only the first function is recognized
- if i start cardmgr, without the .cis, the two function are recognized
but now I *do* have the irq problem, and the modem is all-time-busy.

If tomorrow my little one sleeps a bit more, I will try to test your
patch. I hope I'll find how to apply it to that kernel, I do not want to
change it (for the first time my vaio suspend to ram and my  wifi works
without ndiswrapper!).

Romano

--
Romano Giannetti <romano.giannetti at gmail.com>