PCMCIA in hotplug: Configuration

Jerry mrcool at terraworld.net
Thu Mar 2 08:04:37 EST 2006

Hello!

Thanks for your response. (and yours earlier, Pavel).  Short answer: Yes, I
have Hostap driver working now...

Long answer: I had to delete the orinoco_cs.ko file so that it would not
load that driver too.  The machine was actually trying to load BOTH the
orinoco and hostap (the orinoco was first, so that is what it was
initialized as, but the hostap drivers get loaded (bot not used) also.
After moving/renaming/deleting the orinoco_cs.ko driver it would no longer
initialize, so the hostap driver takes control.

Of coures, in this configuration, I cannot insert a regular orinoco card and
have it work propertly, either..

I wish to be able to correct these issues myself, without having to use a
'work around'.

So, its working... but I really, really, really want to know how to
configure things like you could with the earlier pcmcia.  Your help, and
information is deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Jerryf