Global suspend ( suspend to disk ) with PCMCIA card plugged in

Konstantin Münning konstantin at muenning.com
Fri Jun 30 08:46:26 EDT 2006

Hi!

I have noticed the same with PCMCIA cards so my suspend script does an
cardctl eject before suspending and a cardctl insert after resuming
(which has no effect when there are no cards inserted). I have no idea
what cardctl suspend does but using my way allows to remove and/or
insert card(s) while the system is suspended, which is good IMHO.

Only thing is you may need to check if some sleep() is needed after
eject so drivers are done unloading before the actual suspend.

That worked for me. Your mileage may vary ;-).

Have a nice day,
Konstantin Münning