Can't Mount CF-Card on boot of 2.6.15 Kernel on EPIA motherboard

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Fri Jun 2 02:50:57 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 08:27:25AM +0200, Markus Biermaier wrote:
> PCIC="i82365 yenta_socket pcmcia pcmcia_core rsrc_nonstatic"

Try adding ide_cs here... and you're using the new module-init-tools, I
assume?

> #echo cardmgr $V -q -o -c /etc -m /lib -s /tmp/stab -p /tmp/pid
> #cardmgr $V -q -o -c /etc -m /lib -s /tmp/stab -p /tmp/pid
> pcmcia-socket-startup

It can read a /etc/pcmcia/config.opts, I assume? Did you build it
statically? Else it needs access to the libsysfs library. Thirdly, do you
actually _use_ udev? It doesn't seem to me you run udevstart, for instance.
Therefore, doing everything "by hand" might be the best option: so, please
try adding

	echo -n "42" > /sys/bus/pcmcia/devices/0.0/allow_func_id_match;
	sleep 5;

to the boot script before trying to mount hde1.

Hope something of this helps, if not, I'd be interested in what the last few
lines of the console output are before the "unable to mount ..." line. If
you got a digital camera, that's ideal for capturing it.