pccards are not detected

Marcus Better marcus at better.se
Sat Jul 29 18:06:29 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have an Acer Travelmate 223X laptop. PCMCIA stopped working completely
in 2.6.17. When I insert a card, I get

 Jul 30 00:00:40 kelev kernel: pccard: CardBus card inserted into slot 0

but nothing shows up in lspci or /sys/bus/pcmcia. I get the same result
with 2.6.18-rc1, but 2.6.16 works correctly. I have tried two different
PC cards: an Asus WL-100G Deluxe wireless network card, and a D-Link USB
2.0 card. (Both are fully functioning otherwise.)

Some debugging output is attached (lspci -vvv and dmesg). I have also
tried booting with pci=assign-busses, and passing override_bios=1 to
yenta-socket.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks,

Marcus