Multifunction pcmcia card: just one function detected on Ubuntu Dapper

Romano Giannetti romano.giannetti at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 12:08:48 EDT 2006

Hi,

    I am trying to make my 3com ethernat/modem pcmcia card work on
ubuntu dapper, with linux kernel 2.6.15.

    After a bit of reading, I found that by:

    cp /etc/pcmcia/cis/3CXEM556.dat /lib/firmware/3CXEM556.cis

did make my ethernet interface on the card work. But the modem (function
1) did not show up... I checked /etc/pcmcia/config and the card is
listed with the two functions.

Can anyone help me? I *promise* I will write a summar somewhere on the
web.

Romano

PS I am following the list on the web, so if you could, please Cc: me.