Global suspend ( suspend to disk ) with PCMCIA card plugged in

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Sun Jul 2 14:21:19 EDT 2006

Hi,

> > That sounds like the problem already discussed here:
> > http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-pcmcia/2006-January
> > /003123.html
> >
> > Ideas?
>
> Thanks Dominik. I went through the mail thread you have mentioned. That
> seems like the breakage in resume path. But my system hangs when I
> suspend the system to disk with PCMCIA card plugged in.

Well, when suspending the system to disk the following happens:

1. system is "stopped"
2. a "snapshot" of current system state is determined and saved to memory
3. part of the system is resumed to be able to write that to disk
4. writing the image to disk
5. powering off

So, in step 3 above, we do have a "resume-while-suspending" step which is
exactly what is broken in this regard. Or was broken, I do not know about
the current status.