[RFC] Add lspnp support for sysfs

Adam Belay ambx1 at neo.rr.com
Thu Jan 19 21:47:32 EST 2006

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 04:50:59PM -0700, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> On Friday 13 January 2006 10:51, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> > Add lspnp support for sysfs.  This makes it work with generic PNP
> > (including PNPACPI, PNPBIOS, ISAPNP) instead of just with PNPBIOS.
> > I'm particularly interested in ia64, which never has PNPBIOS, but
> > may have PNPACPI.
>
> Any more feedback on this?  I'd like to see lspnp work again
> on modern systems, because it's so much easier to tell a user
> to run lspnp than it is to tell him how to grub around in
> /sys/bus/pnp/devices.

Personally, I think this would be really useful, and I agree asking users
to poke around sysfs can be difficult.  I'd like to see it as a
seperate utility from the original lspnp included in pcmcia-cs (which
should actually be called "lspnpbios") as it can be handy for a different
sort of testing.

Thanks,
Adam