novell suse linux 10 sierra wireless aircard 555 hp compaq presario x1000

Kevin Verma kevinverma at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 04:38:40 EST 2006

Hello,

Below is how I have got it working a bit:
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/kevinverma?id=39

and couple of scripts I have made out based on above:
------
[server1:~] # cat /usr/local/bin/sierra-setup
#!/bin/bash
pccardctl eject
sleep 2
pccardctl insert
sleep 2
cat /lib/firmware/SW_555_SER.cis > /sys/class/pcmcia_socket/pcmcia_socket0/cis
sleep 1
/sbin/pcmcia-socket-startup

------
[server1:~] # cat /usr/local/bin/pppon.sh
#!/bin/bash
/sbin/ifup rconnect
until [ $? = 0 ]; do
        /sbin/ifup rconnect
done
------
Above script is to repeat attempt dial-up since most of the times
sierra card in not initialized properly by wvdial, above/after the
level of pcmciautils.

I'll be glad if this helps anyways possible.

Cheers,