pcmciautils in an embedded system

Miguel Angel Alvarez ma.alvarez at ziv.es
Thu Dec 28 03:53:41 EST 2006

Hi.

I am working on an embedded system based on a power-pc. Until this moment, I was using pcmcia-cs and the old pcmcia system to work with Novatel UMTS cards (kernel <=2.6.18)
without problems.

I have read the documentation about porting to the new system in the kernel, and have made the following thoughts:
- My kernel has no modules, I am using yenta-socket, and am working with a power-pc                            --> I do not need a resource database (STARTUP=false).
- I do not want to use udev, not even work with user layer applications but access directly to /sys filesystem --> UDEV=false, and not even compile pcmciautils.

Now the question is that my card is being detected, but I suppose it gets into conflict, because I obtain the following:

pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 0
cs: memory probe 0x80000000-0x9fffffff: excluding 0x80000000-0x9fffffff
cs: memory probe 0xa0000000-0xafffffff: excluding 0xa0000000-0xa07fffff
pcmcia: registering new device pcmcia0.0
pcmcia: request for exclusive IRQ could not be fulfilled.
pcmcia: the driver needs updating to supported shared IRQ lines.
0.0: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 1) is a 16550A
pcmcia: registering new device pcmcia0.1
pcmcia: request for exclusive IRQ could not be fulfilled.
pcmcia: the driver needs updating to supported shared IRQ lines.
0.1: ttyS1 at I/O 0x2f8 (irq = 0) is a 16550A

Any ideas?

Thanks

Miguel Ángel Álvarez

----------------------------------------- PLEASE NOTE -------------------------------------------
This message, along with any attachments, may be confidential or legally privileged.
It is intended only for the named person(s), who is/are the only authorized recipients.
If this message has reached you in error, kindly destroy it without review and notify the sender immediately.
Thank you for your help.
ZIV uses virus scanning software but excludes any liability for viruses contained in any attachment.

Este mensaje y sus anexos pueden contener información confidencial y/o con derecho legal.
Está dirigido únicamente a la/s persona/s o entidad/es reseñadas como único destinatario autorizado.
Si este mensaje le hubiera llegado por error, por favor elimínelo sin revisarlo ni reenviarlo y notifíquelo inmediatamente al remitente. Gracias por su colaboración.
ZIV utiliza software antivirus, pero no se hace responsable de los virus contenidos en los ficheros anexos.