Sohoware ND5120-E ethernet card

Daniel Perez daniel at ancientsaturn.com
Mon Dec 25 23:20:30 EST 2006

I have installed Fedora Core 6 and the pcnet_cs driver is installed
correctly, but I can't initialize my ND5120-E card.  The system detects
the insertion and removal of the card and logs the message "ethernet
adapter pcmcia0.0 registered."  I have checked and my card is listed as
being supported in pcnet_cs all the way back in 2004, but when I bring
up the network administrator and try and add an adapter, it does not
list my card in the drop down window.  It lists 3Com and other cards.
Why is this the case?  How can I debug and configure this card?

Thanks,
- Daniel