Bug 7582 / Repeatable hang on boot with PCMCIA card present

Robert Giles rgiles at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Dec 23 11:16:35 EST 2006

Stumbled across this thread on the list archive - figured I'd add that I'm
on the same Inspiron 8100 hardware and experiencing the same problem as
Steve Smith (screenshot of the freeze is the same place it locks up for
me...  while loading the hostap_cs module).

This is on SuSE 10.2 with their stock "2.6.18.2-34-default" kernel.

prism2-based SMC2532W-B wireless card.

If there's any diagnostic info I can provide, let me know (my dmesg is
very similar, though).

Robert Giles