Cardbus Failure "cs: warning: no high memory space available!"

Mark Fortescue mark at mtfhpc.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 5 19:33:07 EST 2006

Hi All,

I have managed to cure my pcmcia issues by doing the following:

1) Obtain and build sysfsutils-2.1.0.tar.gz
2) Remove all udev* libraries and executables
3) Rebuild and install pciutils    from pciutils-2.2.4.tar.bz2
4) Rebuild and install pcmciautils from pcmciautils-014.tar.bz2
5) Rebuild and install udev        from udev-103.tar.bz2
6) Rebuild and install linux       from linux-2.6.16.29
7) Fix udev startup script and rules

There apear to have been a number of issues including: corrupted and/or
missing kernel modules, sysfs incompatibility issues and udev conflicts.

Thank you for your assistance in pointing me in the correct directions to
fix the issues I was having.

Regards
 	Mark Fortescue.