Dlink PCI/PCMCIA id conflicts

Stephen Hemminger shemminger at osdl.org
Wed Aug 30 18:37:38 EDT 2006

It appears that the Dlink DGE-550SX card has this pci_id:
	vendor = 0x1186, device = 0x4001
(decoded from SysKonnect version of sk98lin driver).

According to a couple of places Dlink also uses the same id for the DFE-650TX
card.  Before I add this to the sky2 driver, I want to make sure not to break
existing users of the other card.

Does the pcmcia code end up overlapping the pci on this?

Alternatively, we need to use the version id to disambiguate which was
done already for another Dlink card.  That would mean finding people with
all the versions of the cards to decode what to put in the table (yuck).

--
Stephen Hemminger <shemminger at osdl.org>