Wireless NIC requires manual startWireless NIC requires manual start

Howard hlenderk at bcpl.net
Tue Apr 11 12:09:44 EDT 2006

> My system is a desktop with a pcmcia cradle.  After ugrading
> to kernel > 2.6.12 & installation of the pcmciautils package my system
> fails to bring up the orinoco wireless card automatically after
> reboots.  However I can manually do a pcmcia-socket-start and operation
> is normal.
You are using pcmciautils semi-succesfully on a  2.6.12-2  kernel?
I thought it wouldn't work until 2.6.13 and so you would have to use
pcmcia-cs.
I am trying to figure out what I should be using for a 2.6.12-5 kernel.
  Maybe I'll try the pcmciautils and see what happens.  It's smaller and
so maybe would be easier to implement in my lfslivecd boot setup.
-Howard