Modem PC Card on Compaq nx6110: No serial port created

Pascal MALAISE malaise at magic.fr
Sat Apr 8 10:51:02 EDT 2006

I have just tested the pcmcia modem card on my IBM Thinkpad 770 (with
Ubuntu Breezy and kernek 2.6.16.1, like on my Compaq nx6110), and it
works. There is the trace from cs and a ttyS is created:

pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 1
cs: memory probe 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff: clean.
pcmcia: registering new device pcmcia1.0
1.0: ttyS1 at I/O 0x2f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
pccard: card ejected from slot 1

So the problem appears to be with pcmcia modem cards on the Compaq
nx6110. Can it be because there is no serial port at all on this laptop?
Or is there a specific PCI/ISA bridging?

Thank's in advance for you help and/or ideas of tests.

--
Pascal MALAISE
(priv) mailto:malaise at magic.fr
(prof) mailto:pascal.malaise at thalesatm.com