PCMCIA Bluetooth Card (AnyCom CF - 300) on ARM

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Mon Sep 26 02:27:11 EDT 2005

Hi,

It seems to me that you have
	CONFIG_PCMCIA_IOCTL
disabled -- you need it to use the deprecated pcmcia-cs tools. I'd advise
you to use the new pcmciautils tools available at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/pcmcia/pcmcia.html
instead, though. Then, "pccardctl ident" should result in the usual

Socket 0:
  product info: "BTCFCARD", "LSE139"
  manfid: 0x0264, 0x000b
  function: 6 (network)

On your ARM system, the device is correctly detected to be usable with the
bluecard_cs driver. It then calls bluecard_attach(), which calls
pcmcia_register_client(). It then calls bluecard_event() -- but as of 2.6.13
pcmcia_register_client can only call bluecard_event() with the event
CS_EVENT_CARD_INSERTION. Therefore, I do not understand why
bluecard_release() is called by bluecard_event()... I'd suggest that you add
quite many debug printk's to bluecard_cs to determine where exactly it fails
during initialization; and whether bluecard_config() is ever called.
Alternatively, you could test the most recent -mm kernel; it contains
changes streamlining the probing process, which might make it more easy to
debug it.