udev / pcmcia-cs

Todd Blumer todd at sdgsystems.com
Mon Sep 19 15:34:38 EDT 2005

Since moving to kernel 2.6.12, I've had problems with CF memory cards.
After doing some tracking, it seems that udev is removing the hda device
in /dev before /etc/pcmcia/ide has a chance to run (to unmount the
filesystem). Is the correct solution to inform udev to ignore pcmcia?
That seems to work (e.g. mv /sbin/udevd /sbin/junk). What is the proper
way to do this? I still need udev for SD/MMC.
(Unfortunately, I'm not yet ready to move to pcmciautils.)
Thanks.
--
Todd