bind and unbind from userspace

Jar jar at pcuf.fi
Sat Sep 17 09:13:20 EDT 2005

> No. /etc/hotplug/blacklist complicates stuff largely, and is not used by the
> hotplug scripts for the MODALIAS-based loading of modules. Either you should
> add something appropriate to /etc/modules.d/ , or you should only build one of
> these two drivers.

OK. But how the Linux distros would handle this? Majority of Linux users are using
distro kernels. And usually all drivers are compiled as modules. I afraid that now
when the hostap is _finally_ in mainline, no one is actually using it because of
those same IDs --> the system automatically selects orinoco?

E.g. I have Prism cards ans Orinoco cards. I woud be good it the system would choose
hostap_cs for Prism cards and orinoco_cs for Orinoco cards automatically after the
card has been inserted. The drivers are not symmetrical, the orinoco_cs claims to
run also Prism based cards, but the hostap runs only Prism based cards (and do it
well). Why the same IDs?

--
Best Regards, Jar