Problems with ide_cs + pcmcia suspend changes

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Sat Sep 17 08:08:19 EDT 2005

I've been trying to use 2.6.13-mm3 and 2.6.14-rc1-mm1 on the Sharp
Zaurus devices and have noticed some problems with ide_cs.

These devices support suspend to memory. When I do this, upon resume I
see messages like this:

hda: status error: status=0x00 { }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
[repeat x4]
ide0: reset: master: error (0x00?)

after which the ide_cs devices stop working. This is particularly
problematic when your rootfs is on a CF microdrive :). I see the same
thing with CF memory cards.

I know there have been pcmcia suspend changes. Can you think of anything
that's changed that would cause this? Is it possible the ide devices are
being resumed before pcmcia?

I'll try and investigate further...

Richard