Having trouble configuring a Linksys WPC54G wireless internet card with SUSE 9.1

Larry W. Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Thu Sep 15 01:22:35 EDT 2005

At 09:25 PM 9/14/2005, jose' ventura wrote:
>Hello, I have been trying to configure a Linksys WPC54G wireless
>internet card with SUSE 9.1 but I have been unable to. I was able to
>install ndiswrapper and also run the command modprobe ndiswrapper by
>using the shell prompt.
>
>the problem that I am having is that the card doesnt even turn on
>and that I cant even run the command: iwlist wlan0 scan, I get an
>error message that says that the device does not support scanning.
>
>I posted my problems on a forum and a person told me that their card
>works great on SUSE 9.2 and 9.3.
>
>can you help me solve my problem??
>
>also are there any wireless internet cards that you know would be
>better to use with SUSE 9.1?? (preferably one of the newer models of
>Belkin cards)

The Linksys WPC54G works very well with SuSE 9.1, 9.2 and 9.3. I am
using one at the moment. The reason that the people on the forum
didn't give you much information is that you probably gave them
squat, just like you did here.

Have you read the documentation for ndiswrapper? Have you installed
the Windows driver? We need a lot more information before anyone can
help you. If the Windows driver has been installed, what does dmesg
have to say about your card?