Averatec 6240 pcmcia_socket0: unable to apply power

James supersaucy151 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 18:40:49 EDT 2005

This is another pcmcia_socket0: unable to apply power
problem.
I have a averatec 6240 64bit cpu
I am using Fedora Core 4 and am trying to use a 16bit
Netgear MA401 wireless PCMCIA card.
I am getting the unable to apply power problem.
Is there any fix to this.
Please help me.  I am fairly novice at linux but i
follow   directions very well.
I need a wireless connection at my university with
linux installed.
I hope i have supplied all the information needed.
Please help. This has been a good learning source for
me since I am computer science major