open_sock(socket 0) failed: Device or resource busy ?

Andreas Volz lists at brachttal.net
Mon Oct 24 18:21:38 EDT 2005

Am Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:50:32 -0700 schrieb David Hinds:

> On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 12:11:52PM +0200, Andreas Volz wrote:
> >
> > I tried a newer Knoppix and the newest DamnSmallLinux, but both
> > have an old version. DamnSmallLinux has cardmgr 3.2.2. Do you know
> > a Live-Linux which has a never pcmcia-cs package included? Could
> > this perhaps be a problem with the old cardmgr that my PCMCIA cards
> > aren't correct detected? Should I try a newer one?
>
> You misinterpreted my message.  The error you're seeing is not really
> an error; cardmgr is already running happily.  If you are still having
> problems, you need to describe what they are and look for some other
> cause.

Ok, now I understand what you mean. So what I said in my first E-Mail.
I own this two cards:

- AnyCom Hot 56K
- microcom TravelCard Fast Data/Fax Modem

I think they're both supported, because I found them in the supported
device list. Is this correct?

The problem is that cardinfo or cardctl reports everytime that no cards
are found in the slots. Do I need to load some more modules or change
configuration files that Linux (or cardmgr, or what ever) is able to
detect my PCMCIA cards.

Please say which information from my system you need to help me.

Thanks
Andreas