question about a serial card.

Cristi Mitrana cristi.mitrana at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 10:14:10 EST 2005

On 11/8/05, Russell King <rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 03:25:32PM +0100, Dominik Brodowski wrote:
[..]
> > and cannot be controlled by "serial_cs", but by some PCI serial driver...
> > Unfortunately, I do not know anything further about such devices, but maybe
> > this is enough of a hint to show you what to look for now :)

 I suspected so. Is this the same thing is true on a 2.4 kernel
(pcmcia-cs is not
handling that, bot hotplug ) ?

> Should be handled by the 8250_pci driver.  Full kernel messages from
> a _recent_ kernel would be most useful.
 The kernel is 2.6.12 (Ubuntu latest stable, fuzzy or something...).
I'll upload a dmesg
from the system later, I don't have access right now to it. I noticed
some messages
for the PCI device in the form: 'ACPI : disabled interrupt ... for
device xyz' so I booted
with various kernel parameter configurations (no ACPI, pci=noacpi and
pci=routepirq, not sure if the last combination is correctly typed now
in the email) and noticed that IRQ for the device changed. I believe
that the serial driver (8250_pci) is built into the kernel
(I'll upload the kernel's .config also).

 I'll give more details later,

tia,
mitu

--