Anonymous Memory

Jar jar at pcuf.fi
Tue May 24 02:58:17 EDT 2005

> On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 10:25:15PM +0300, Jar wrote:
>
>> This can be despairing, but what happens if you edit the
>> /etc/pcmcia/config ?
>>
>>  #
>>  card "Anonymous Memory"
>>    anonymous
>> -  bind "memory_cs"
>> +  bind "xirc2ps_cs"
>
> That never accomplishes anything useful.

OK this is just based of my own experience. Once I had very old Pentum 60 (MB:Intel
Premiere PCI I) machine and other old Pentium 90 (MB:Intel Premiere PCI II) machine
with _identical_ harddisks (kernel was 2.4.x). I used the external pcmcia-cs package
and i82365 driver from it. In the Pentum 60, I can't get the pcmcia working, the
dump_pirq reported there was no Interrupt router etc. The card was always detected
as "Anonymous Memory". Finally I did only that despairing change to the
/etc/pcmcia/config of the Pentum 60, and the pcmcia start to working. And it was
working well.

Who can explain why it helps in this case?

--
Best Regards, Jar