Is in-kernel support required or forbidden

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Mon May 2 12:00:00 EDT 2005

Hi, John!

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 00:59 +1000, John O'Hagan wrote:

> Does this mean the package is unbuildable, or have I misunderstood these
> messages?

I believe it means that pcmcia-modules is unbuildable on 2.6 kernels and
also incompatible with them.

The great thing about Debian is that you can uninstall all the standard
kernels and all packages with kernel modules without breaking any
dependencies.  Then you can use a custom kernel.  That's what I think
you should do.

Further questions should probably be addressed to Debian forums.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin