io mode driver for ata flash card

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Wed Mar 30 11:31:40 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 06:55:16AM -0500, Guylhem Aznar wrote:

> So it should be fine then ? Yet when I active the wifi part, I can't
> access the flash part anylonger. Is there a way to confirm the flash
> partition is being accessed in iomode

Yes it is being accessed in IO mode; your hardware cannot configure
the card in True IDE mode.

You showed what you do to use the wireless part; but you did not show
what you do to access the flash part.  What do you do exactly, and
what error do you get when you try to use both?

> > Can you post the output of 'dump_cis' for the card?  The code for
> > supporting the WiFi side of the card looks pretty screwed up to me.
>
> root at simpad:/var/tmp# ./dump_cis
>
> Socket 1:
>   dev_info
>     fn_specific 700ns, 2kb
>   mfc {
>     vers_1 7.0, "SanDisk", "ConnectPlus"
>     manfid 0xd601, 0x0101
>     funcid network_adapter
>     lan_technology wireless
> Bus error

Any chance you could plug this card into a laptop and try this?  Also
try "dump_cis -v".

> Socket 1:
>   Vcc 3.3V  Vpp1 0.0V  Vpp2 0.0V
>   function 1:
>     config base 0x0200
>       option 0x45 status 0x00 pin 0x00 copy 0x00
>     io 0xc8882000-0xc888200f [auto]

This is while the flash part is working?  How does it look when the
wireless part is working?

> I'm preparing a kernel 2.4.29 if it can help...

Nope.

-- Dave