Compaq WL200 and pd6729

AM Drew aaron at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Mar 23 23:22:45 EST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 01:55 pm, AM Drew wrote:
> I can't see any module options for configuring the pd6729 driver. Nor am I
> familiar enough with the kernel source to pinpoint where it might be
> getting stuck but I assume it must be either in pd6729 or pcmcia_core.

I decided to go a little nuts with some printk statements in the kernel
source. With pc_debug on, heres my dmesg after starting cardmgr:

cs: pcmcia_socket0: register_client(): client 0xdd3530e0, dev Driver Services
cs: pcmcia_socket1: register_client(): client 0xdd3536e0, dev Driver Services
cs: IO port probe 0x9000-0xafff: clean.
Starting function get_status
Starting function indirect_read
Ending function indirect_read
Starting function indirect_read
Ending function indirect_read
Starting function indirect_write
Ending function indirect_write
Starting function indirect_read16
Ending function indirect_read16
Ending function get_status
Starting function get_status
Starting function indirect_read
Ending function indirect_read
Starting function indirect_read
Ending function indirect_read
Starting function indirect_write
Ending function indirect_write
Starting function indirect_read16
Ending function indirect_read16
Ending function get_status
cs: pcmcia_socket0: read_cis_mem(1, 0x0, 2)
cs: unable to map card memory!
cs: pcmcia_socket0: read_cis_mem(0, 0x0, 5)
cs: unable to map card memory!
Starting function get_status
Starting function indirect_read
Ending function indirect_read
Starting function indirect_read
Ending function indirect_read
Starting function indirect_write
Ending function indirect_write
Starting function indirect_read16
Ending function indirect_read16
Ending function get_status

All of the functions called in pd6729 return OK. The pccardd function in cs.c
seems to sleep in the schedule() function call (which I presume is normal).

The only abnormal thing I see are the read errors in the CIS memory. Any idea
what could be happening here?

- Aaron