[patch 2/19] pci: bridge resource handling update

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Mon Mar 21 02:37:50 EST 2005

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 03:55:35PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:

> I already had this in -mm, from you, titled
> "pci-pci-transparent-bridge-handling-improvements-pci-core.patch.
>
> It this patch something whcih should be pushed to Greg soonish, or is it
> logically a part of the big pcmcia update?

It is something independent of the big PCMCIA update, even though PCMCIA
will profit largely from it...

However,

[patch 3/19] pcmcia: try to use parent bridge window at first

only makes sense after
pci-pci-transparent-bridge-handling-improvements-pci-core.patch
is merged before, though it doesn't "hurt" if it is merged before... it
simply doesn't use the new feature by the PCI core.

Thanks,