Problems about cardmgr and verifying socket layer driver

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Sun Mar 6 16:16:25 EST 2005

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 05:27:21PM +0800, Pi-Cheng Chen wrote:

> 1) I found that the CIS dumped using my board is different from CIS
> dump using another machine.
>
> In the lan_speed tuple, the CIS dumped on my board is different from
> another machine. But I have checked that the bytes dumped from the
> two machines are identical. I think there may be some differences in
> the CIS parser of them.

It is a big-endian/little-endian bug in how the lan_speed tuple is
parsed.  I'll fix it.  It is completely harmless.

> 2) Because of problem about timing to access attribute memory, I'm
> afraid that there also exists some problems in timing I set to
> access common memory and I/O mode.  Is there any way to verify my
> settings in common memory and I/O mode are correct ?

Well, the way to verify this would be compare the timings in the
PCMCIA electrical specification, with the timings you observe with a
logic analyzer.

> There is no "fork()" in uclinux. Can I simply replace "fork()" with
> "vfork()" ?

I'm not sure.

> Is there other tools or manual steps that I can bind the client
> drivers to the system ?

You need an /etc/pcmcia/config file that lists the card(s) you want to
use.

-- Dave