Toshiba ToPIC developer info

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists at icequake.net
Sun Jun 26 21:00:06 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 12:48:36AM +0200, Daniel Ritz wrote:
> > Nope, still here.  Also, the nobody cared IRQ is still here.  But the
> > patch didn't break anything either.
>
> now that i read the whole thread...you say in 2.4+pcmcia-cs you can
> get the same flags if you comment out the topic_set_opts, topic_set_state,
> topic_get_state in i82365.c. now can you figure out what exactly makes the
> difference there?

Sure, I'll have a look.

> > > for the interrupt storm your seeing: i cannot reproduce them. i tried
> > > both cards using ISA and using the PCI interrupt. stable here.
> >
> > No interrupt storm, I checked - just a very slow system until it "clears up".
> >

> yes interrupt storm. otherwise the irq wouldn't get disabled.

No, this is a separate problem.  Obviously we are misunderstanding each
other.  The 'nobody cared' when yenta_socket loads is a separate problem
from the unresponsive system when the 16-bit card is ejected.

> from you dmesg:
> > rt2500: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.
> > rt2500 1.1.0 BETA2 2005/02/21 http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com
> nice. an out of tree driver...which is even loaded before pcmcia.
> not nice.

Yeah, I'll leave it out this time.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>