Toshiba ToPIC developer info

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Fri Jun 24 14:24:16 EDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 09:25:15PM +0900, Komuro wrote:

> >Some, possibly all, ToPIC bridges do not respect the CardBus power
> >control register settings when a 16-bit card is present;
>
> Actually, my ToPIC100 works properly with the yenta_socket driver
> (16bit-5V card, 16bit-3V card, cardbus card).
>
> But ToPIC95 does not?

Ahh... I just found the information in a five-year-old email from a
Toshiba engineer.  ToPIC95 and ToPIC97 are both affected.

-- Dave

   Type      Power Control of
+----------+--------------------+---------------------------------+
| ToPIC95  | CardBus Card       | Possible to control in CardBus  |
|          |                    | Socket Control Register         |
|          |--------------------+---------------------------------+
|          | 16bit PC Card      | Possible to control in 16-bit   |
|          |                    | PC Card register                |
+----------+--------------------+---------------------------------+
|  ToPIC97 | CardBus Card       | Possible to control in          |
|          |                    | Socket Control Register         |
|          |--------------------+---------------------------------+
|          | 16bit PC Card      | Possible to control in 16-bit   |
|          |                    | PC Card register                |
| ToPIC100 | CardBus Card       | Possible to control in CardBus  |
|          |                    | Socket Control Register         |
|          | 16bit PC Card      | Possible to control in 16-bit   |
|          |                    | PC Card register                |
|          |                    | Also possible in CardBus        |
|          |                    | Socket Conrol register          |