timing problem loading a PCMCIA card?

Sandro Köchli sandro.koechli at sygroup.ch
Mon Jun 20 11:25:19 EDT 2005

Hi

I have a problem with my network card which is probably related to
cardmgr.
I'm using cinit as my init system which is a lot faster than any other
init system. It boots my system within just a few seconds and all works
just perfectly, apart from one PCMCIA card.
The Cardbus is loaded fine and it started watching the two sockets as it
should. But the pcmcia card pluged into one slot won't be loaded
somehow. If I execute "cardctl eject ; cardctl insert" then it is loaded
just fine. "cardctl insert" alone is not enough. When I start the system
without having the card plugged in and I plug it in after it finished
booting it will be loaded perfectly as well.
It looks like cardmgr has some problems loading my card because of one
or another reason I don't really know.

I'm using gentoo as distri with kernel 2.6.10 at the moment.

Is there any timing issue that won't let the card load?

Replys please CC to my address. I'm not on the list.

Thanks

Sandro