Toshiba ToPIC developer info

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists at icequake.net
Sat Jun 11 19:17:33 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm becoming frustrated with the Toshiba support and would like to
improve it.  I believe David Hinds was in contact with the ToPIC
engineers, so perhaps he can help here.

I am trying to verify the following:

PCI ids, are these correct?
0x603 - ToPIC95-A
0x60a - ToPIC95-B
0x60f - ToPIC97
0x617 - ToPIC100 (supported by datasheet)

Zoom Video is supported in ToPIC97 and ToPIC100 according to Toshiba.
However, a 720CDT which has ToPIC95-B is also claimed to support Zoom
Video.  Which bridges are known to support ZV?

Is it true that ToPIC95-A cannot be used as a CardBus bridge?  Is this
intentional or because of hardware bugs?

What differences, if any, exist between the ToPIC95-B, ToPIC97, and
ToPIC100 aside from hardware bugs?

The immediate problem I am trying to sort out is that yenta_socket in
2.6 is inoperable on my 500CDT with ToPIC95-B.  It appears to be that
ToPIC95 support is non-existent in the 2.6 kernel drivers.  The
pcmcia-cs driver with 2.4 works, but not the 2.4 kernel driver.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>