suspending ide-cs?

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Tue Jul 26 08:19:47 EDT 2005

Hi there,

I am using 2.6.12-rc3 with cardmgr/cardctl from pcmcia-cs-3.2.8 on embedded ARM
system. Maybe someone could answer the following questions:

1.) "cardctl suspend" would call "/etc/pcmcia/ide suspend hda" which does
nothing at the moment. What am I supposed to do in suspend/resume setions of
/etc/pcmcia/ide?

2.) Do I have to unmount HDDs before calling "cardctl suspend"?

3.) "cardctl resume" gets me an "irq28: nobody cared" with a stack dump. The
reason is the following: Upon resume (i.e. applying power to the card) the CF
card will pull its IRQ line low until reset is over. Up this rising edge is
detected as an irq and propagated to the ide driver which of course does not
expect an irq right then. Thus nobody cares.
Now where would be the right place (in the kernel) to disable/enable this irq on
suspend/resume and maybe delete spurious interrupts? In the suspend/resume
function of my socket driver?

Thanks a million for any thought!

--
Steven