dump_cis for pcmciautils?

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Mon Jul 25 12:53:32 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 04:26:01PM +0300, Jar wrote:
> Yes but, howto to do correct cis then, if there is no pack_cis utility? For example
> my WL200 basically lacks irq info in it's cis data. Now the incorret cis will be
> found from /sys/class/pcmcia_socket/pcmcia_socket0/cis and the equivalent
> (incorrect) ascii version can be dumped out by using dump_cis tool.

Well, as the CIS format is the same, you can still use pack_cis from
pcmcia-cs to generate the proper .cis file and use it then. I know that
pcmciautils isn't yet complete in this regard, but as these are
"userspace-only" tasks I don't think it's a issue too important at the
moment.

Oh, patches to pcmciautils which add pack_cis are most welcome :)