PCMCIA set up on arm xscale device

Aine McCarthy ainermccarthy at o2.ie
Mon Jul 18 04:01:52 EDT 2005

Hi all
I am just wondering has anyone got the pcmcia working on their arm device?
I am using kernel version 2.4.19-rmk7-pxa2.
I am using the pcmcia that is built into the kernel, but I am having problems getting the cardmgr to run properly. Any tips on cross compiling the tools for the pcmcia? Cardmgr seems to go nuts when I try inserting a new card it gives the output shown below and then tries to reload itself, it looks as though it is accessing a file that is not readable.

I am trying to get wireless lan working on my xscale machine, the cardmgr that I am using tries to load the modules associated with my card (prism2_cs driver) but it is selecting the same irq that is assigned to my pcmcia device

cardmgr[40]: socket 0: D-Link DCF-650W 11Mbps Wireless CF Card
cardmgr[40]: product info: "init_module: prism2_cs.o: 0.2.0 Loaded
D-Link", "DCF-650W", ""
cardmgr[40]: manfid: 0xd601, 0x0002 init_module: dev_info is: prism2_cs
function: 6 (network)
cardmgr[40]: executing: 'modprobe prism2_cs'
cardmgr[40]: + Using /lib/modules/2.4.19-rmk7-pxa2/pcmcia/prism2_cs.o
prism2_cs: RequestIRQ: Resource in use
prism2sta_config: NextTuple failure? It's probably a Vcc mismatch.
prism2sta_event: prism2_cs: Initialization failed!
cardmgr[40]: get dev info on socket 0 failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

the proc/interrupts give the following output
# cat proc/interrupts
3: 3 GPIO 2-80
10: 0 LCD
15: 216 serial
18: 0 DMA
19: 12582 timer
31: 0 PXA PCMCIA CD
32: 0 PXA PCMCIA CD
34: 4 PXA PCMCIA CD
45: 0 PXA PCMCIA CD
54: 1 PXA PCMCIA CD
Err: 0

the irq that the prism2_cs is requesting is the same as that used by pcmcia 34.
Has anyone come across the same problem? Or does anyone know how I can get around this problem? I've tried a number of things but nothing seems to work for me