cardbus/pcmcia under fedora core 4

Francois Wautier fw at auroratech.com
Fri Jul 8 03:46:53 EDT 2005

If I may....

I have a similar card (a prism54 based that is)  and I had a similar behaviour
before I configured my network interface

It does not look like a PCMCIA problem.

Try something like

		iwconfig eth1 essid <you essid>
or
		iwconfig eth1 essid <your essid> key <your key>

Then
		ifconfig eth1 <valid ip address>

You should be able to ping things on your network. (You may need to add a
route)

You can also try
	iwlist scan

To check if you can see your AP.

If all that works, you just have to configure that network in interface in
Fedora.  ... I do not know how you do that :)

Cheers,
	François