TI CardBus bridge problem

Chris Lu kalenedrael at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 3 14:43:29 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I have a TI Cardbus bridge which recognizes inserted
cards, but cardctl info and cardctl ident do not
return anything useful. cardctl status returns the
following for a Linksys WPC55AG wireless adaptor
inserted into socket 0:

Socket 0:
  3.3V CardBus card
  function 0: [ready]

cardctl info and cardctl ident return the same info as
for an empty socket:

PRODID_1=""
PRODID_2=""
PRODID_3=""
PRODID_4=""
MANFID=0000,0000
FUNCID=255

Socket 0:
  no product info available

The card does not show up in lspci either, and dmesg
does not show anything when the card is inserted.
lsmod says that yenta_socket, rsrc_nonstatic, and
pcmcia_core are loaded. The card is evidently getting
power as the "Power" and "Link" lights on the card
blink.

The Cardbus bridge shows up as this on lspci:

0000:02:04.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments:
Unknown device ac54 (rev 01)
0000:02:04.1 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments:
Unknown device ac54 (rev 01)

I am running kernel 2.6.12.2 and Kubuntu x86_64 on an
HP zv4560 laptop. If you need any more info, I will be
glad to provide it. Thanks in advance.

Chris Lu