pcmcia problem at shutdown

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Jan 13 15:17:54 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 06:58:18PM +0100, Dominik Brodowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the output of /proc/iomem?

You actually want the output of /proc/ioports while the card is inserted,
and after the card has been removed/ejected.

I don't really remember, but I suspect 2.6.8.1 probably doesn't have the
reworked PCMCIA resource subsystem, so it argues with the other subsystems.

That said, "trying to free free resource" should never cause the kernel
to crash or halt - it's just a warning message and the system should just
continue on.  Something else is going wrong elsewhere.

Also, if possible, please consider checking whether this behaviour happens
with mainline 2.6.8.1 or not.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/