linux 2.6 pcmcia power issues

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Sun Feb 27 11:38:18 EST 2005

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 11:01:48AM -0500, Madhav Diwan wrote:
> I agree that it looks like a resource problem.

How much memory do you really have in the machine?  0x1e000000 is an
odd top of memory value - that's 480MB.  I suspect you actually have
512MB, in which case you want to do:

	reserve=0x1e000000,0x02000000

to force resource allocations to be above the RAM.

> interestingly  if i compile only the 16 bit potion of pcmcia  and dont
> compile yenta or cardbius .. it gives no errors.. so whats the deal
> here? It looks like  32 bit cardmus memmory managemnet needs to be
> reviewed.

If the above works, the cardbus resource management is working just fine.
What isn't working is that the kernel doesn't have a complete picture
about what areas of system memory are actually allocated and in use for
other devices.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/