PCMCIA issues ---> cs: unable to map card memory 0x1000!

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Sun Feb 20 05:27:40 EST 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 04:44:26PM +0100, Mathieu Bertrand wrote:
> So with the ide-cs driver, I have a "ide-cs: GetNextTuple: No more items"
> and "get dev info on socket 0 failed: No such device"
> With the 3c574_cs driver, I have a "RequestIO: Resource in use" and a "get
> dev info on socket 1 failed: Resource temporarily unavailable"
>
> An idea ?

Yes. The resource allocation is still troublesome... most of the resources
you suggest to PCMCIA are unusuable. Possibly some translation from
PCI/PCMCIA-point-of-view to CPU-point-of-view is missing.

> So from the MIPS address space, the IO space is located at 0xE0000000 and is
> then remapped physically to the PCI address 0.
> Not sure it works...
> In fact, can I use an another range than 0-0xffff for the IO space ? It
> seems that we can't use IO addresses above 0xffff in config.opts.

As this is MIPS, you can use anything which fits into an u_int. See
include/pcmcia/cs_types.h and its io_addr_t

Hope that helps,